So this year, I decided to make an Easter dress for Heidi, but keep it simple. I bought 2 matching pillow cases and made her a dress out of one, and a matching skirt for myself out of the other. I had Heidi's dress all done a couple of weeks ago, but when I tried it on her it was WAY too big. (My mom and I made a pattern for it and for some reason it didn't work out as easily as planned.) The bummer part was that I had taken the extra time to fully line the bodice (the top part) and was then unable to take it in without taking it apart. I was able to make it a little smaller for her without TOO much trouble by adding a few pleats to the bodice itself, and reattaching the skirt to fit. I must say they turned out pretty cute when they were finally finished. We wore them to church this past Sunday. Definitely worth the work. I'd also planned on making/altering ties for Daryl and Daniel to wear for the occasion, but that kind of fell through the cracks. So sorry guys. It will never happen again. Daryl gave Daniel one of his ties that was too short. He loved it. Here are a few pictures we took before church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
So stinkin cute!! Seriously, great job on the dress. And your kids are so adorable!!
You are so cute! Very talented Bethany!! Great pics.
I forgot to mention that dress is so so cute. The print is very cute, I need to see it in person.
Love the dress! Way to go Bethany! I hope to be as ambitous as you are next Easter.
Post a Comment