Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Funny Things

I've decided to move these to a post and clean up our blog a little.


11/12/09
Last week I was in the kitchen while the kids were eating lunch. I over-heard Daniel talking to Heidi when he said "You my bes friend".

9/16/09 (Wednesday)
We were listening to the radio on our way to Albertson's this morning. I flipped through the stations and stopped to hear an older version of "Life is a Highway". After a few seconds of listening, Daniel says, "Maybe dis why-keh-queen song."
"Yeah buddy, You're right! This IS a Lightening McQueen song." I swear he's got an ear for music, even as a 2 year-old.

9/6/09 (Sunday)
Daryl was out working this morning, but was able to make it to Sunday school and priesthood meetings at church. After church, he put Daniel in the car before heading to his work truck to drive home. I told Daniel, "If you hurry and get into your seat, maybe we can race Daddy home." Daryl pulled out just before we did and was directly in front of us. Then, from the back seat, I hear "Hurry momma, hurry! Run, momma, run! Ruuuun!" Then as we got to the edge of the church parking lot, Daryl turned. As I started turning, Daniel yelled "Turn, turn! Run momma, run!"

9/8/09 (Tuesday)
We were eating lunch today when I told Daniel "We are going to see Rachel today, maybe."
"Wachel?"
"Yeah mommy's friend Rachel is in town and she's coming over to see us tonight."
"Daniel Wachel."
No, not Daniel's Rachel, Mommy's Rachel"
"Mommy Wachel? Daniel use it?"
( We have had this same comversation over lots of things... books, cups, etc. but never about a person!)

Later I said" Rachel will bring her husband Ryan"
"Bwyan?"
"No Ryan, and her baby Bennett"
"Bennett? Baby Bennett? Ohhhhh how cute!"

8/19/09
I made Daniel a burrito for lunch today. As usual, he picked it apart, dumping half of the contents. While eating, he looked at his plate and asked, "What's at? Oh a bean." He picked it up and held it really close to his face. "Ohhhh, how cute!" Then he kissed it and put it in his mouth.

7/?/09
We borrowed a Fisher Price Jumparoo from Bret and Mindi recently. One day, I decided to take the seat part out and wipe it down because it had gotten dirty. When I reattatched it, Daniel said:
"Good job Mom, a fix it! Good idea! Give me five!"
It IS nice to get a little recognition once in a while, even from a 2 year-old. Thanks, bud.

6/17/09
We were sitting at the table, eating breakfast this morning when we heard some banging and scraping outside.
Daniel said "What's at?"
"It's a machine working outside"
"Sheen?"
"Yeah, a machine"
"humeer sheen, humeer." (come here machine)
Then the sound stopped
"Oh wost it!"
"You lost it?"
It strated up again
"Dere it is, I found it!"

5/29/09
I was going throught the grocery adds at the dinner table. Daniel picked up the one for Checker Auto Parts and looked it over. Then he pointed to the picture on the front of motor oil and an oil filter and said "oiyo change!".

5/27/09
Me: Daniel, go pick what you want for breakfast.
Daniel: a pancakes
Me: we ate them all for dinner. The're all gone.
(we made pancakes and hashbrowns for dinner yesterday)
Daniel: go buy some!

5/21/09
Daniel found a piece of pink yarn and was trying to put it in my hair. "Fix-it hair" he said.
"Oh, you're going to fix my hair?"
"Yeah, a broken."
(Gee thanks, buddy)