Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Family Halloween


A few years ago, my sister-in-law, Cheryl started a Lamoreaux Family Halloween Party. This year, after a few scheduling conflicts, most of us were able to get together this past Saturday, the 23rd. We brought pumpkins to carve and Cheryl and Karolann prepared a lovely dinner of spaghetti squash (cooked and shredded spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce over-top) and witchy finger bread sticks. Mindi, Bret's wife, made meatball and white rice to share also. It was delicious. Thanks girls! They, Cheryl and Karolann, also planned a couple games and we finished the night off watching Hocus Pocus on the front lawn with my father-in-laws projector and a huge tarp draped over the side of Karolann's house next door. We had a great time. Daniel was so excited to finally wear his Spiderman costume. Heidi, on the other hand, wanted very little to do with the ladybug outfit I made for her. Wish us luck when we actually go trick-or-treating. I was able to get a few pictures of the festivities. Enjoy!

Here's how Heidi looks from the back and the front.
 I bought the leotard, and the black tights. I made the tutu and the wings.
(And i totally forgot her pipe-cleaner antenna at home.)
I also painted the two bean-bag toss games you see in the background.
They were still a little wet when we arrived, but it was worth it.

Unfortunately, this is the best picture so far of Daniel as Spiderman.
Even though I didn't MAKE this costume,
 I'm still mighty proud that I got for such a good deal.
It was free on craigslist because it needed some mending and a new zipper. Easily done.

Here he is bobbing for duckies.

This is Daryl on the left, trying on his brother, Trent's scary mask.
He's standing next to Cheryl's husband Robert.
Both of our kids were seriously afraid of this mask. They wouldn't go near Trent OR Daryl until they took it off again.


1 comment:

Daniel doings said...

your little ones are adorable!