Monday, March 14, 2011
Dear Duke
Today we lost our beloved dog, Duke. I read somewhere, that Great Danes, because of their size and height, usually live anywhere from 8 to 10 years. Duke was just over 8 years old. His health has been going down hill for the past few weeks now. Although we have been putting more and more food out for him to eat, he has been eating less, and less and looking skinnier, and skinnier. As sad as we are to see him go, he is much happier now. He was always such an awesome dog. He almost never barked, (unless he thought there was trouble.) He never jumped, and was a total sweetheart to our kids. They were more comfortable around Duke than pretty much any other dog, big or small. We love you, Duke. we will always remember you. Sadly, I am unable to find pictures of him to post. I will keep looking. I know I've taken some cute ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that your Duke is gone. They really do become part of the family.
Ohhhh. That is sooo sad. I'm going to miss him too. :-(
Oh that's so sad. I'm sorry:)
(p.s. do you want a lab? heehee, I still have 5 here to sell)
I'm so sorry about Duke. :( Wasn't that Daniel's first word??
Post a Comment