Monday, October 23, 2017

Big changes are on the horizon

Good morning! I have decided to restart the blog. First, a quick run-down on where we are now. Tomorrow will be our 14th wedding anniversary. Crazy, huh? Last May we moved from our "permanent home on Olive, to our new house on Delta Ave. I will have to write a long-winded post about the reasons for that later. The kids have started attending school at Johnson Elementary, which is 1 street over from the new house.

Daniel (almost 11) is in 5th grade with Mrs. Lynn Samuels and resource for his Dyslexia  and ADHD with Michelle Noe. The change in schools was to get him working with her. So far we are quite pleased.

Heidi will be 9 soon, and is attending 3rd grade in Jaqueline Lowell's class, and also GT (gifted and talented) with Jenny Goode on Fridays. There was another gal subbing for Ms. Jenny up until n I w, but I can't remember her name.

Isaac (age 6) is in 1st grade with Ms. Tracy Wagner. He seems to like it there, and is doing very well. She says he is such a sweetheart.

Shiloh is 3, and still at home with me. I will be looking into a little preschool for her next year, depending on how other things go.

We are all settled in to our new house, and finishing up a major project down staurs. The new house is a slitp-level home. Something I never thought I would choose a  split-level hone, but it's working out great for us. Heavenly Father brought us here, and things are turning our just great.

This week we made plans for Kerami to come over with Baby Thomas (another update post, I suppose) and watch our 4 kids while Daryl and I attend an orientation to get us started as Foster parents. It's hard to explain all of the little steps and spiritual inspiration it took to get to this point, but I am excited to begin. The new house is big, with plenty of room for us and room to spare for foster children. 6 bedroom and 4 bathrooms.
There are 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on each floor, with split stairs between, that lead to the front door and to the garage. Upstairs we have our master bedroom, the office (where Daryl works from home) and Shiloh's room. The second bathroom is in the hall.

Downstairs we have the guest master bedroom, which is where Heidi was sleeping while we worked on the "girls room" down the hall. Besides those there is a room for the boys as well, which is almost twice as big as the girls' new room. The guestroom is now vacant, and I am hoping to sell the boys' twin-over-full bunks, so we can use the money to buy twin beds to use for foster kids or guests, depending on how we configure them.

As soon as I can figure out how to get Shiloh to stay dry over night and during naps, we will move her to the girls room, and free up the room upstairs for young foster kids. This will give us 4 empty beds, counting the toddler bed that we just bought for Shiloh's current room, and a crib/toddler bed that we will put in there with it later.

I will try and update more often, about how things are going and what we are up to.
Until then, have a great day!
Bethany

No comments: