Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Plano, Texas (Day One)

Several months ago, we (ok I) decided that we needed a family vacation. I wanted to go somewhere we've never been, and as a bonus, it would be great if we knew someone there that we could visit too. After discussing and planning, we agreed that we would drive to Plano, TX (near Dallas) and visit my sister, Dawn, her husband, Bart, and their 4 kids. We left Thurs. June 3rd and drove for 16 hours straight to her house. I'd even packed a cooler of lunches and snacks to minimize stopping time. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the kids, Heidi in particular, handled the trip. I owe it all to a little divine intervention, and our backseat babysitter, MR. DVD. The next day, Friday, we all drove to Six Flags Over Texas, in Arlington.

Here's Heidi relaxing in the stroller when we first got into the park.


Daniel loved to ride the big-rig trucks in Looney Toon Town. He even got to drive! Madeline rode in the front seat of their truck.
Savannah "drove" the truck behind them.

Here's a picture of Dawn and her kids at the Titan roller coaster. Daryl road this one and several other roller coasters with our nephews Jack and Wyatt (13 and 11). Even Madeline, age 7, got on the Titan. She survived alright, but her cute white skirt did not. Her nose started bleeding and it got all over her skirt. Luckily she had shorts on underneath so we could take it off.

Wyatt, Daryl and and Jack had a great time together on the Batman ride. I was going to to ride it too, but I backed out when we got there and I could see how ginormous the thing was. No regrets.

Here's a picture of Heidi an I while Daniel rode with Bart on the Tea Cups.Daniel and I rode on this ride together. It's called "El Sombrero". It looked harmless enough. I didn't care for it myself. As we were getting off and walking back to the group, Daniel said, "Uh go tell Daddy cary (scary)." Apparently he wasn't a fan either. Sorry buddy. I also rode on a couple of rides with Daryl. We went on a Tony Hawke roller coaster. There was also a bobsled type ride that Bart rode with us. A few of us went on a log ride too. It was a great day!

No comments: