I came across this video this morning as I was doing some studying. This, I think is to be my motto this month, this year, from now on. Take a look at it. Tell me what you think.
Probably my whole life, and especially since I've been married, I have almost constantly been glancing back instead of looking forward. I have tried so hard to avoid or prevent the past from recurring, that I never totally embrace how great the present is, and how amazing the future WILL become. (Yes, I did say will. I know life is so uncertain. But this is only the case from my own limited perspective.) I can only use the word will when I consider Lord's perspective. As long as I am whole-heartedly taking myself, and my family in the right direction (that is, in the Lord's direction), there is no need to look back. Don't get me wrong, the past is important. It has made me who I am today, good or bad. But it can't be changed.
I am still explaining the concept to myself. I think it works something like this...
When walking down a sidewalk, it is pretty easy to see at least the direction I'm headed, and eventually my destination. I may have to swerve a little to avoid obstacles, or squeeze my way through a crowd to see it again, but it is still in in front of me. But if I were to glance behind me while going through these things I might lose my sense of direction, or even fall off of the path. This is all too easy to do when life is pulling me too many directions at once. When I allow it to pull me, that is.
So how do I combat this tendency? I guess I just need to face forward, keep walking, and take another step toward the lord. Sounds pretty straight forward sitting at my computer right now. I'll have to remind myself often that it is still doable. Well, the kids are officially awake and ready for the day. Miraculously they've stayed asleep just long enough to finish up here. Have a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are sooooo right, Bethany; and such a wise woman for your young age. I agree. Looking back doesn't help anyone. Just learn from our experiences - whether they be successes or mistakes, and move on - going forward!
Post a Comment