We're now on day 2 of potty training Heidi (or rather Heidi training herself). I bought her some pull-ups the other day. She ran out of her regular ones, and I wasn't comfortable putting he straight into underwear just yet. (This is something I never did for Daniel. I'm generally under the opinion that pull-ups are just glorified, expensive diapers, and actually make it tougher for a kid to learn how to stay dry.) I had her sit on her potty a few times, yesterday morning. She did pretty good for a little while, then just peed in her pull-up. So I went ahead and pulled out her underwear. She has worn them before, for a morning here and there, and that's about it. She managed to keep them pretty much dry, and she's been taking it from there. (I do let her wear a pull-up during nap and at bed time, until she gets the hang of that.)
She's been wearing her pretty panties from the get go since then, and doing awesome at it. I haven't had to mop a floor yet! (Knock on wood.) Go Heidi! She is so excited when she gets a sticker on her chart, and she gets to call a family member and hear them tell her what a big girl she is, and that they are so proud of her. (Thanks for the support from those of you we have called thus far.) She's filled up one chart with 10 stickers, and is 1/2 way through her second one already. (I guess it's time to pull out the charts that require more sticker to be full.) Soon she'll get to take them to the dollar store and pick out a prize for each one..
I am super excited at the prospect of not having to change (or buy) diapers for two children. Hope she keeps this up!
Daniel had a rough time with the potty, and really hated leaving his toys to go. Since he's turned four this last December, he has decided he needs to "get ready for school". I no longer have to worry about carrying extra clothes for him, just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Bravo, Heidi and Daniel, and CHEERS to you, Mom! All of us who have gone through the PT stages know it is more work for you, than for them. I'm proud of ALL of you! Heidi and Daniel - keep up the good work!
Soooo exciting! Good job!
Post a Comment