Monday, August 24, 2009

Create!

I've been think alot lately about Heidi and her up-coming 1st birthday (in November). I decided I really wanted to do something special for her. I thought back to my own childhood, and all of the beautiful dresses that my mother made for us 5 girls over the years. So I decided I would try and make Heidi her own beautiful little dress to wear on her special day. Here is the first of many dresses to come. I'm kind of proud of it.I realized, after making this dress, and a few other projects around our house, that I really love creating things! I kind of stumbled across a video today, of one of my favorite talks. It really inspires me and my creativity. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
(Let me know if it isn't working; I'm kind of new at video posting.)

If you're interested, I've also CREATED an on-going list of "Future Projects" I'd like to try.

2 comments:

Daniel doings said...

Bethany, I love the dress. I remember my Mom and all the beautiful dresses she made us girls. I would make Ashley a dress for Christmas and Easter every year I just loved doing it. Keep it up, the memories are so worth it.

Katie Wright Farnsworth said...

You are so talented. That dress is so cute!! Can't wait to see her wearing it.