Last week at Heidi's appointment, our pediatrician recommended that I start her on solids to make sure that she was getting enough iron. I wasn't really planning in solids quite yet. (Just barely 4 months still seems a bit young to me.) The more I thought about it, the more I remembered how frustrated I've been lately with a crazy change in her feeding schedule. Could it be, at just barely 4 months old, that she's ready for solid food? I suppose they say 4-6 months for a reason right? So yesterday evening I decided to give it a shot. Daddy took the pictures while I fed her.
At first she didn't know what to think.

By the time she had taken a few more bites, she was totally into it! Unfortunately, first meals don't last very long. Hedi wasn't all too happy about that. She wanted more!


2 comments:
Yup, food is BIG in this family! The best advice I ever got about this was from my family doctor when you guys were little - "When the baby gets fed/nursed every couple of hours and still acts like it's hungry - start feeding them a little cereal. He gave me a list of foods in the order I should add them, two weeks each food item before adding anything new. It worked well. And, every baby is different. Maybe the fact that she is teething so early has something to do with it? Maybe her little body knew she was going to need them?
That's right. I started wesson at food at four months. I didn't realize that you have the same bouncy seat as wesson.
Post a Comment